Wednesday 3 December 2008

One to Watch...



If I can recommend one film to get hold of on dvd these cold , freezing winter nights may I humbly suggest you seek out "Fanny and Alexander" by Ingmar Bergman. I cannot do it justice in a few words save to say that it makes one laugh, cry and everything in between. The scenes of a 19th century Swedish Christmas Eve are magical and unforgettable . Go on give it a try and let me know what you think. It's my favourite film and perhaps it will become yours too...

2 comments:

  1. You picked a good picture to pique my interest. lol I might have to look for the film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it's a fascinating film, especially the Christmas Eve parts. Every Christmas, it's on various tv channels at different times, on different days throughout Scandinavia. If you're lucky, you can sit through it three or four times between December 22nd-December 26th!

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete