Monday 19 January 2009

Diverse things...





A change from the 18th century for me some Border reivers for skirmishing. Sorry about the out of focus photo - the vicious looking bill got in the way. Cattle,sheep and sundry animals and peasants are in the painting process. It is good to have a sideline . Some of the figs were painted by Phil Olley and some are my attempts to paint in a way that is in the style of the master...


I had rather vile viral headaches at the weekend and they have continued today - gosh there is so much about at present...


I am currently enjoying re reading the Hobbit. I have not read it for years but as my middle daughter is reading it at school I decided to get in on the fun. Gosh I am so tempted by the Vendel fantasy stuff...


On Saturday night we tried to watch a movie we taped - "Snowcake" but sadly it had taped badly and so we abandoned it. Does anyone know it- is it worth pursuing ?


Amazon brought a replacement copy for "The steel bonnets " which I gave away years ago- looks on first glance to be worth the small amount it cost second hand.


The postman also brought a new commander for one of my regiments. I will keep you informed of how well he settles in...

3 comments:

  1. Ah, border reivers and steel bonets. That's an area I'd like to try gaming some day (along with several others). I already have a start on Highland cattle. Maybe I'll do my own figures for it some day, but not any time soon... trying to stay focused on my 18th century ImagiNations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you game with Phil Olley from time to time? If so, lucky you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have The Steel Bonnets. Excellent info if a bit dry reading. Through it I discovered my beloved's surname is that of one of the notorious Border Reiver families, so I'm treading lightly from now on... ;)

    ReplyDelete