Wednesday 7 July 2010

Brief updates

The Eureka Tyroleans,sorry Tradgardlanders, arrived yesterday. They are beautiful figures and will look fine on the table. I have undercoated them and begun to paint...
Gaslight is in the post and I await their arrival with mounting excitement. Hopefully the new movement trays (to aid 18th century ) will come soon and I will re organise those chaps. My daughters are going to build me some 2D hills and a waterfall ( sorry Fitzbadger but I could not resist- a case of the sincerest form of flattery!) with river attached over the coming weeks so I can't wait...
On a totally different matter may I recommend "Medical Mavericks " on BBC4 with it's fascinating history of medical self experimenters. Well worth a look. The presenter did a series on surgery some time ago which was also great.

3 comments:

  1. Do you know the Hinterland Belle Epoque female Hussars? They would be perfect to wear the traditional 'Tradgarland pink' in the late 19th C....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, why did you have to go and post that link to the Hinterland site? ha ha (I'm thinking there must be a way I can incorporate these into my armies, 18th century even)

    And no worries about the 2D hills and waterfall - I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hinterland is jolly tempting ...

    ReplyDelete