Saturday 18 December 2010

Musings...


Yesterday Jan had her second last chemo. All went well and the suspected vile weather conditions did not materialise. I took the latest copy of “Battlegames “ magazine in to read and pass the time as it had arrived the night before . As ever it proved most enjoyable. I was most taken with Mr Siggins’s article about his interests being cyclical with regard to wargaming . I am sure we can all identify with this as we have our favourite periods we always return to as well as passing fancies and diverse enthusiasms…
I was also planning there ( via my precious and indispensible Dodo pad ) what projects to work upon and time was available to think and decicde what to do:
1. My ongoing imagination work and one page 18th century rules- Tradgardland and the Disputed Valley
2. The GNW army of Gottrop- Holstien to use at the local club with ULB rules
3. 15th Century projects fuelled by my love of the period and the clothes/livery and armour of the 1470’s and 80’s. One is to raise a WOTR Yorkist force to oppose my regular opponent and long term friend Phil’s Lancastrians. The other is one I have planned ,researched ,dreamt of for some years – a German army of around 1474 to oppose the Burgundians (again Phil’s!) who besieged Neuss and incurred the wrath of the Emperor himself…



I also decided to have a figure buying freeze and try to tackle the Lead Mountain! Lasted one day I’m afraid as I succumbed to the Perry Plastic Mercenaries earlier today!!!!!
I hope you are moving well through Advent towards Christmas – keep warm ,travel safely and keep inspiring me with your excellent blogs and artistry! More about the other projects etc next time .

3 comments:

  1. best regards for the holidays...just getting back into reading all the great blogs and yours is one of the best...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes to Jan and hoping you all have a Happy Christmas and a peaceful and prosperous New Year.

    Yeah, my lead buying freeze didn't last too long either...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what it's like to immerse yourself in wargames thoughts and a notebook during those tough chemo sessions. A source of some comfort...
    Have a great Christmas Alan, Jan, and the girls.
    Phil

    ReplyDelete