Wednesday 11 May 2011

1938 background reading and decesions to be made...




On my arrival late home from work ( a terribly stressing day was had by me there but that's another story) yesterday I found my wife off upon the maiden cycle with her new bicycle and this superb book arrived for me. I neglected to buy it when it was first released,forgot to pick it up on Saturday at Claymore but remedied the situation buying online. A most inspiring book it is well thought out and illustrated too.




On Saturday my regular opponent Phil was buying reinforcements for the Liverpool Free State in the shape of militia and ww1 Russians. I resisted more lead but am at the point at which I need to either concentrate on my Welsh Nationalist flying column or Royalist ldvs assisted by regulars and volunteers units. I will need to decide very soon. As ever your thoughts are welcome as to which way I should turn.

4 comments:

  1. I can relate to the sort of day you might have had!

    Sounds like you managed to get a bit of 'therapy' to removed some of your stress. and what better than to plan what to do next with your VBCW project.

    The VBCW appeals to me, as I have always had an interest in the SCW and similar conflicts from the 1930s, but so far I have resisted the temptation, but once I am retired ...

    I hope you have a better day today.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Which way should you turn?"

    Should I suggest the obvious . . . turn back to the 18th century?

    I suppose not . . . *sigh*.

    Actually Phil Barker (he of rules written in academically obtuse English) did write something that bears a HUGE amount of good sense.

    He wrote to "choose an army that you can love even in defeat".

    This is excellent advice. So consider your options and decide where your heart lies. Which force would you love more even if it lost every battle?

    THAT is the one to build.


    -- Jeff

    PS, I agree with Bob about stressful days and using our toys to relieve some of that stress . . . and may tomorrow be a more comfortable day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you like the book and the illustrations, it make me very honoured to hear people liking my illustrations, but all the credit should be Simon's.

    Gosh stressful days but strange how lead and a good topic or book can relieve it.

    All the best

    Pete

    ReplyDelete