Friday 16 September 2011

Two foot square...

At home now,after lunch and listening to the cricket on radio 4...

This box was originally purchased as a jolly useful portable set up for dba ( 15mm ) and the alike from S&A Scenics many,many moons ago. It contained a rolled mat,some roads,hills,rivers etc for 15mm games. Quite a useful bit of kit which has seen many games over the years!

Of late I have used it to keep 25mm scenery and odds n ends too. I thought it might well perform as a skirmish set up for 25/28mm games,one which can be packed away and kept in a cupboard for when necessary- space being ever an issue. So I thought I would set up a wee scenario set in the 18th Century. It all proved to be great fun and the mat/scenarywill work well for SB&H etc skirmish rules not to mention HOTT etc in 15mm. I hope to set up a section attack or two set in the 1938 of a VBCW to try it for size too.Let me know what you think chaps. BTW the Arquebusier has arrived today but I am keeping it for later











4 comments:

  1. Have downloaded a copy of Song & Blades and Heros that you recommended, look very interesting and easy playable .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for helping to 'compact' the gaming needs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun. I have a hard copy of SBH but as yet haven't tried them out yet. It's a good issue of Arquebusier by the way, happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a good small setup.

    I might have to keep an eye out for the Hamish MacBeth series.

    ReplyDelete