Tuesday 25 September 2012

A tower struck down...

Autumn Equinox weather has hit these parts over the last few days.The wind has blown fiercely and the rain lashed us here in the Duchy of Tradgardland.As a result the Bean towers are no more-
They,like the courgettes,were late starters but have given us great produce until now.Come the calm we will attempt to repair the damage
I have been labouring for weeks now with a cough/cold/virus/flu/thingyjigg which just will not go away.It has got worse of late and it has sapped my energy completely these past days.Little energy except to go to work and mope around afterwards at home. Neil Gaiman's "Neverwhere" and the cricket on the radio have cheered things along with a little light painting of renaissance fantasy goblins and dwarves for Songs of Blades and Heroes. The newly released second trailer for "The hobbit" shows great promise and I can hardly wait for December.
Anyway that's all I have energy for tonight- enjoy your evening one and all. Still awaiting my catalogue from the Alpine Nursery-can't wait.

5 comments:

  1. What you need, Alan, is some really sturdy framework of hazel, or (what I am fortunate enough to have) old gas piping. But short of yet another change from North Sea to coal gas there isn't much available. Sorry to hear about the bug - clearly some Fife nippers carry germ warfare grade germs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alan,

    It sounds like you have the same grim little germ that I have been living with since August. Ugh - Enough!

    Let's get better soon

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon!

    The renaissance fantasy goblins and dwarves sound cool. Hopefully there will be pics when you've completed them? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cold/flu bug has not surfaced here in my home town as of yet however we are dealing with a bunch of smoke from a forest fire which is wreaking havoc with my sinuses. Seems to be the season for us Bloggers. I HAVE NO ENERGY WHAT SOEVER ... Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better soon, Alan. We just had a succession of thunderstorms which knocked our tomatoes and pepper plants about, but luckily it didn't take much to set them straight.

    ReplyDelete