Saturday 20 October 2012

Tradgardland goes to Russia,almost...

Well we are coming to the end of my Half Term break.I have enjoyed it as well as getting some useful things accomplished also. I have moved my late mother's flat and affairs forward with my wife's help and enjoyed a renewed enthusiasm for the hobby.
Today I went with my eldest, Zoe, to see the Catherine the Great Exhibition at the National Museum of Scotland.It was put on in partnership with the Hermitage Museum and contained a selection of it's treasures.
A photograph of the Duke of Tradgardland  just prior to going in to the exhibition-Two key eighteenth century figures depicted together for the first time.
We were treated to a glorious array of   court costumes,china,paintings and diverse fascinating items from the 18th Century.A few hours flew by very quickly indeed. I was particularly taken with a wooden intricately carved sledge and the picture of an ice mountain built upon a frozen river used for toboggan rides by the Court.It was a tremendous exhibition to visit and I have had my "Enthusiasm Batteries" for the 18th Century recharged...

2 comments: