Thursday 10 April 2014

Froundian thoughts

I was given this book as a present by friends in 1986.-
It has been on my shelves in all my houses since.I have always liked the art of Brian Froud and his whimsical drawings. Recently I started a thread re this on Lead Adventures-
which some of you might enjoy...
Here is an example of Brian Froud's style from the above book-
I hope to do some skirmish gaming with such a whimsical feel soon. The idea (so far) is to take a band of goblins (who have been made redundant by some evil sorcerer and have lost their job as dungeon/maze/labyrinth guards) and follow their adventures in the world at large.I imagine them to be rather demoralised and not really too nasty.Let's see where this gets us...

4 comments:

  1. Good artwork. Your gaming should be interesting. The co-author, is that the Monty Python Terry Jones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is indeed one and the same esteemed Pythoneer/Historian..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent project. I remember when the film came out I was desperate to get figures resembling all the goblins...... 28 years later or so they are available!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love the Frouds' artwork!
    That's a brilliant idea, too - your band of goblins. You could have a lot of fun with that!

    ReplyDelete