Friday 4 July 2014

Modelling 2- and a vague ,rejected working title

Spent much of the day trying to minimise mess and maxamise creative endeavours.Here is where I got to-
The fort so far but what to render the walls with?
An aerial view this time  with a view of the gate.
Ochre painted hills with wooden "firesteps" to put figures on.I am thinking of dulling down the colour...
As lain out on the table top. A set up for some Jazz Age Imperialism- North West Frontier in the 1930s.Figures are Empress Miniatures. A working title is still being sought as I have rejected Tradistan already.

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fort looks great. Your hills are very different from ordinary tabletop hills. I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the fort ... and I am sure that you will find that the profile hills are ideal for the sort of wargame you seem to be planning to fight.

    I rendered my scratch-built NW Frontier buildings with a mixture of masonry paint, sand, and PVA. I mixed it up in an old plastic container until it was thick and then stippled t on with an old half-inch paint brush. This might be a bit too heavy or damp for your cardboard buildings, but I hope that it might give you some ideas.

    As to a name ... well I used to teach an Afghan whose surname was Shinwari, so my suggestion would be Shinwaristan.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alanandjanistan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you're off to a great start with the hills and fort! As for covering the walls it depends on how much texture you want.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fort and hills look great

    ReplyDelete